Skip to main content

I am That Stupid Also???


So we've had really nice weather the last few days and I've attempted to read outside of my nearest coffee shop.  Trouble is, the people who shared in my idea of getting outdoors are complete idiots and their mindless blathering clogs my ears and strangles my mind and makes it impossible to concentrate on what I'm reading.

Today's morons were these two college aged girls.  Now right off the bat, I new they'd be idiots because they were young girls.  And we all know that 98% of young girls have absolutely nothing worth a damn EVER run through their minds.  These creatures are the closest things to worthless that we should ever come near.

Well these two brain surgeons were true to form.  I read the same paragraph about 20 times and finally gave up.  I sat quietly, trying my hardest not to hear their conversation.  But unlike the two older ladies who were quietly talking to each other, these two stupid girls were all but screaming.  I could only shake my head in complete disgust as I choked down my latte.

Youth is wasted on the young.  I now know that I pretty damn stupid when I was younger.  Of course, times were different back then.  Each year gets faster and less private.  Cell phones bring everyone assholes conversation into the public domain.  Its impossible to go through your day quietly and discreetly.  And believe me, I try like hell to do it each and every day.

'Bout the only thing I can do these days is shake my head and laugh at the idiots that bombard my daily life.  I can't avoid them.  They drive beside me.  They shop at the same grocery store.  I work with them.  And I have to hold my tongue, lest I tell them what I really think of them and their opinions.  Of course, I'm confident that my opinion is of no concern to them.  

I'll just have to go through the days, loathing them.  I'll have to quietly hold the knowledge that most of the people that I encounter are so far beneath me that I shouldn't even let their pathetic lives disturb me.  Of course, that's easier said than done.  If they'd just let me read and drink my coffee in peace and quiet, then I wouldn't have to write these scathing entries.  Then again, I am improving my typing speed.  Hah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts

Thoughts on Phish

  The first time I heard about Phish was my senior year at Episcopal back in 1992. At that time in music history, grunge was just beginning to explode on the scene. Pearl Jam was about all we listened to. But I always kept time for my jam bands. I had already seen The Grateful Dead, The Allman Brothers Band, Widespread Panic and many others. CDs were still the way we listened to music, but cassette tapes were still around and were what you got all your bootlegs on. The internet didn't exist, or at least not to the public. Hearing about new bands was largely done by word of mouth. And that's how I heard about Phish. My first taste of Phish was their album "Lawnboy." I remember being impressed with the musicianship. I thought there was some Zappa-esque arrangements going on, as the music seemed to dart in crazy tangents. I also remember seeing a picture of the band and I thought they looked like a bunch of Trekky nerds. They definitely didn't look like MTV material,...

From Rand's "Atlas Shrugged"

"It is not advisable to venture unsolicited opinions.  You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
  At some point recently, the kids and I were telling each other stories. I can ’ t remember who went first, but Wyatt and Pepper each told their stories amid interruptions and corrections and suggestions. Let’s say for the sake of argument that Briar wasn’t talking yet, so it became my turn. Rather than the usual stories of kingdoms and unicorns and the garden variety stuff I usually went for, I decided to pull from my memory of past events. The kids listened in amazement, not really understanding  what I was talking about. The story was a hit. And I think I’ll share it with you now. It was the summer of 1993. I had finished my first year of college at The College of Charleston. At the end of summer, I would be transferring to NC State. I enjoyed College of Charleston very much. I loved the 9-to-1 girl-to-guy ratio. It had been a great year. But I had spent most weekends driving up and back from Raleigh to see my girlfriend Marcia. At some point during the year, I had decided...

Malkovich

Malkovich malkovich.  Malkovich, malkovich?  Malkovich malkovich malkovich. Malkovich malkovich, "Malkovich, malkovich malkovich malkovich."  Malkovich.  Malkovich malkovich: malkovich. Malkovich... malkovich, malkovich.  Malkovich!!!

Hillary F-in' Clinton

For the second day in a row, these god damn Hillary volunteers have taken up residence at my go-to coffee shop.  The bitch is campaigning here in NC tomorrow, so these fucking idiot children are all excited about the prospect of seeing their savior walk on water. And these god damn children are barely old enough to vote.  They still have their little heads in the clouds, thinking that Clinton gives a single damn about any of them.  This is the exact class of morons that can single-handedly ruin this country.  Them and the latinos, who probably won't be voting legally anyway.  But these kids haven't been out in the real world.  They haven't worked, sweated and then had asshole liberals tax them like crazy.  They'll see.  When their savior turns around and burns every one of them, they'll know they were stupid little fuckers all along. I'm really just pissed because I'd like to go to my coffee shop in peace and read my book without hearing these stupid fucking...