Skip to main content

On the Olympics...

So I guess I could write about the olympics.  The opening ceremony was yesterday.  And now the sports pages I read are all full of the olympics.

So here goes: I could not care less about the olympics.  I truly don't care.  There is only one sport that I am following, but for ALL the wrong reasons.  Men's basketball.  The Redeem Team.

I want the US men's basketball team to suffer the most complete and embarrassing loss in the history of basketball.  I would love to see them get so totally destroyed that everyone in the world is left speechless and baffled.  Complete and total defeat.  I want nothing more.  I hate Coach K that much.  I have nothing against the players.  They're all a bunch of overpaid hotshots.  But that's the NBA for you.  But Coach K.  I hate the man.  He's just coaching for his own fame.  Nothing patriotic about his involvement.  If it isn't good for K, he won't do it.  And so I want the basketball team to get absolutely destroyed.  And I want all eyes to fall on that fucking rat weasel, Coach K.  And I want all fingers to point at the almighty coach.  I'd love it.  To see that sorry son of a bitch go down in flames.

Other than that, I don't give a flying whatever about the olympics.  The sooner they're over the better.......

Comments

Popular Posts

Thoughts on Phish

  The first time I heard about Phish was my senior year at Episcopal back in 1992. At that time in music history, grunge was just beginning to explode on the scene. Pearl Jam was about all we listened to. But I always kept time for my jam bands. I had already seen The Grateful Dead, The Allman Brothers Band, Widespread Panic and many others. CDs were still the way we listened to music, but cassette tapes were still around and were what you got all your bootlegs on. The internet didn't exist, or at least not to the public. Hearing about new bands was largely done by word of mouth. And that's how I heard about Phish. My first taste of Phish was their album "Lawnboy." I remember being impressed with the musicianship. I thought there was some Zappa-esque arrangements going on, as the music seemed to dart in crazy tangents. I also remember seeing a picture of the band and I thought they looked like a bunch of Trekky nerds. They definitely didn't look like MTV material,...

From Rand's "Atlas Shrugged"

"It is not advisable to venture unsolicited opinions.  You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
  At some point recently, the kids and I were telling each other stories. I can ’ t remember who went first, but Wyatt and Pepper each told their stories amid interruptions and corrections and suggestions. Let’s say for the sake of argument that Briar wasn’t talking yet, so it became my turn. Rather than the usual stories of kingdoms and unicorns and the garden variety stuff I usually went for, I decided to pull from my memory of past events. The kids listened in amazement, not really understanding  what I was talking about. The story was a hit. And I think I’ll share it with you now. It was the summer of 1993. I had finished my first year of college at The College of Charleston. At the end of summer, I would be transferring to NC State. I enjoyed College of Charleston very much. I loved the 9-to-1 girl-to-guy ratio. It had been a great year. But I had spent most weekends driving up and back from Raleigh to see my girlfriend Marcia. At some point during the year, I had decided...

Malkovich

Malkovich malkovich.  Malkovich, malkovich?  Malkovich malkovich malkovich. Malkovich malkovich, "Malkovich, malkovich malkovich malkovich."  Malkovich.  Malkovich malkovich: malkovich. Malkovich... malkovich, malkovich.  Malkovich!!!

Hillary F-in' Clinton

For the second day in a row, these god damn Hillary volunteers have taken up residence at my go-to coffee shop.  The bitch is campaigning here in NC tomorrow, so these fucking idiot children are all excited about the prospect of seeing their savior walk on water. And these god damn children are barely old enough to vote.  They still have their little heads in the clouds, thinking that Clinton gives a single damn about any of them.  This is the exact class of morons that can single-handedly ruin this country.  Them and the latinos, who probably won't be voting legally anyway.  But these kids haven't been out in the real world.  They haven't worked, sweated and then had asshole liberals tax them like crazy.  They'll see.  When their savior turns around and burns every one of them, they'll know they were stupid little fuckers all along. I'm really just pissed because I'd like to go to my coffee shop in peace and read my book without hearing these stupid fucking...